Subject: AMOS Pro bugs & questions.
From: Paul Hickman <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 1994 15:23:07 +0100

First off a bug - If you had the following code (Line numbers added for
clarity):

1|  If A=1
2|    Print "A equals 1"
3|  Else If A=2 
4|    Print "Hello"
5|  Else If 6/0=4
6|    Print "Go Away"
7|  End If

You will notice in line 5 there is an error. However, when the program
crashes, AMOS Pro reports the error to be in line 1. I spent 1/2 an hour
last night trying to work out how the line 'If SCRW = 4' could produce an
illegal function call!!!

Second off, a bug/question:

In the manual it says that the =Dev First$("") function can be used with
the following strings:

	"**"   =  List all devices and assigns
        "D/**" =  List just devices
        "A/**" =  List just assigns

In reality I find:

        "C:"   =  List all devices and assigns (Any 2 character+ string
                  ending with a ':' will work)
        ""     =  List just devices

Anyone know how to list just assigns?

Finally, does anyone know a way of detecting if a line of AMOS code is
a procedure which cannot be unfolded because it contains machine code,
using the Ask Editor/Call Editor commands from an accessory?